Our bariatric surgery program is designed to achieve optimal results for our weight loss surgery patients, with exemplary patient care at the centre of our approach. Our team of bariatric experts will look after you at each stage of your weight loss journey, from your first appointment to taking care of you on the day of your procedure, to exclusive aftercare from our bariatric Dietitian and bariatric Health Coach.
Bariatric Patient Journey
Appointment with A/Prof Charles Pilgrim
- Appointment with Perioperative physician Dr Yasir Khan
- Routine blood tests as required by physician and usual periop workup
- Your initial goals
- Setting expectations
- How you’ll feel before, during and after surgery.
- What you can expect from working with Meredith (response, feedback, contact)
- What Meredith expects from you – for example commitment to 1-3 small new habits each week.
- post operative review to ensure everything is healing as it should and that you are recovering well from the surgery
- initial review of how you are adapting to your new health state
Lisa will discuss your progress so far and assess your transition to eating solid foods and also review changes to your eating habits to ensure that they align with the optimal patterns and behaviours. This assists in reinforcing positive changes in the early phase after surgery.
- Food choices, food swaps and food priorities.
- Building a healthy plate.
This appointment provides an assessment of your new dietary intake and behaviours. Lisa will address any symptoms or concerns that you may have and provide advice or alternative ways of eating. Your diet will also be assessed to ensure that your food and fluid choices prioritise key nutrients, is well-balanced and can be maintained in the long term.
- Mindful eating tips.
- Craving controls.
- To monitor your progress and track your weight loss and answer any specific questions in relation to your new life post surgery.
- To ensure your micronutrient balance is maintained (checking important vitamins and mineral levels).
- These reviews continue 3 monthly for the 1st year, then 6 monthly for the next 2 years, then annually to ensure you have a sustained and meaningful long term benefit from our treatment.
If you would like to make an appointment with A/Prof Pilgrim to discuss your bariatric surgery options, you can (03) 9509 4811
If you’d like to know more, leave us your details and message below